Control/Dimming Palette PC

Lippy

Hi all,

The theatre I work in and do most of my designs in has a Palette VL and I never have a budget to hire a desk, I'd love an Ion. The control room isn't a great place to sit for tech and I have to bring the board into the auditorium. It's just an inconvenience having to set up tables etc.... I was just wondering has anybody used Palette PC and if so is it worth getting and what is the cost?

Thanks.

If you have/can get the Remote Video option, you can connect directly to your existing board from any computer/tablet/whatever, and have full control over it. I don't know how much this costs, but it'd be cheaper than a license for a whole new system.

Sounds like you don’t need palette pc (which includes a USB to DMX cable and channel authorization key), but just the OLE. It is a free download from our website. Just make sure the console and the computer are on the same network, have static IP addresses in the same range, and are running the same software version. Running the OLE as remote palette will give you access to the console without being at it.

Thanks. I'm not very good when it comes to the connecting remotely to the board. I have the OLE for editing small changes at home! I'd assume I need a router of some sort to connect to the desk?

Really? You don't have auto sensing hardware in the console so that a crossover cable is not needed? I thought most modern NICs had auto sensing ports anyway.

Sorry to sidetrack.

Well, actually we do. The newest processor for the palette series, the “060” does auto sense, but as previous versions do not, it is not a feature that is advertised. It is just recommended to use some form of network switch or hub, failing that, a crossover cable. That way you don’t have to worry about what processor is in there.
The best conversations usally come from being sidetracked.

Looks like the list price for a PC250 is around $1525. With the PC500 list pricing around $2550.
Looks interesting.

I would love to see some wing support for this product.

Last edited:
I would love to see some wing support for this product.

That has been on my mind, but right now, we are not actively persuing that. Now, if there is a demand for it, that could easily change.
For now, if you do a full install (check all the boxes) on the OLE, then any USB Palette tile, or USB DMX card from a Light Palette will function as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back