Paradigm Touchscreen App VNC error

Hi all,

Does anyone here have experience setting up the Paradigm Touchscreen app on their mobile device? I have everything configured correctly or so it seems, but when it connects it says "Connection failed...VNC error" It's not that exact message I can't remember what it exactly says but it's something along those lines. Does anyone here have any idea how I would be able to get it to work properly? It's seeing that it exists which tells me I'm in the right direction, there isn't any mention of this error in the manual which is why I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated!

No experience with Paradigm, but use VNC a lot. VNC is a pretty standard protocol. Need to make sure the ip address for the panel is correct in the app of course, along with port number.. Can check on the panel side to see if port is designated, or in the docs to see if it's always the default, which is usually 5900. VNC can be set to use encryption or not, and usually has a username and password that the server side (your panel) will be requesting of the remote. I'd poke around in the settings of the panel first to see if you have options for encryption, and setting username and pw.. and port. Make sure you match those on the user side. Sorry if that seems elementry to you, but I never know the experience level of the person of the asking side of the question.

I would suggest reaching out to ETC, I have been having reports of multiple sites that had it working and it stopped recently, must be updates. I would also check that the pin is set correctly in the app.

You can call ETC at 1800-688-4116 or if its not urgent, you can always send them an email at [email protected]

Here is Tech Supports response, for anyone who might come across this having the same issue

I won't be able to try this fix until next week but I will update the thread here once I test it.

"This is a rare bug that we haven’t been able to reproduce, but we know how to fix it!
On the P-TS7 in the Mobile App Settings clear the passcode field and save the changes, then re-define the code (using the original passcode or something new) and save changes. The Touchscreen Remote app should now be able to connect."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back