Peformer safety with scaffolding

B_Cut

Hello all, We are doing a production and the director and designer would like to use 5 mobile scaffolding units. I've read up on the WCB regulations and have made contact Actsafe for all the the proper procedures for assembly/maintenance/fall protection etc... but what I can't seem to find is anything written about performers and what their responsibilities and safety standards are. Do we need to incorporate steel toes into the costumes etc? Does there need to be a spotter every time someone goes up? etc... The plan at this point is to install internal staircases and I've been assured by the director that nobody will go to the top decks, just the first level, and that nobody will be on the units when they move. There seems to be a grey area around actors though. lots of documentation around setting up and tearing down and work crews, but not about performers and artists. Any tips or suggested readings? Anything learned in general about using scaffolding other then what's on the thread about scaffolds http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/scaffolding-as-set.33837/#post-294687 Thanks.

Apologies for not double checking the title, I read the post twice, but not the title. *Performer. oops!

You won't find any standards because none exist... mainly because this is a bad idea due to the reasons cited in the thread you linked to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back