Personell lift

BillConnerFASTC

Problematic project and need a way to access box boom like positions from the floor. About 5' wide level floor below and level with stage - like caliper stages. Looking at Genie Runabout - platform goes to 20', no outriggers, drive at elevation. Could look at IWP but like drive around - but the outrigger is the problem. And while if it was me, I could cheat the interlock, but I can't design for someone else that way.

Not wedded to Genie at all but budget is budget. Seems difference from AWP to Runabout is less than permanent ladders and such and fall protection for each of 4 or 6 booms, and so on.Of course any without outriggers weigh a lot so not likely useful on a show deck or rake.

We've two or three of the Runabouts around my venue and they've earned their price tag,absolutely. If you go that way make sure and get one of the versions with the extending platform....

Take a look at Crown. They have some nice stuff, might fit your bill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

We've had the JLG AWP 20 ft'r for maybe 7 years.

Very reliable, has also earned it's price tag (probably $10,000) in crew savings.

It also weighs about 2,200 lbs, so we had to add a layer of 3/4 ply to our subfloor when we re-did the stage floor.

You thus have to be careful with traps, pit (we do not roll ours on the orchestra pit), etc..

Stock picker style lifts provide the convenience and safety we need for stage work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back