Picomm Raspberry pi all in one Stage Comm micro sd image now available.

jtweigandt

I parked the document under resources/sound The description has a link to a google drive download of the micro sd image that should just be burn, plug and play in either your raspberry pi3 or raspberry pi zero w. The image creates a self starting all in one Wifi router, Mumble server, and mumble station. It will run headless, without keyboard, or if you want to re configure the sysid, passwords etc, you can with the info provided, plug in a keyboard and monitor and modify away. I have beat this thing to death in testing, but let me know if you need help. Merry Christmas, Belated Happy Hannukah etc to all.

I get home tomorrow, I'll see if I can make it run on my original Pi B 512.

If I can't I'll see if I can construct an image that'll run on it.

Thanks for the image and Happy holidays!

Ok, so does the Zero W have an audio interface? :)
Both the pi3 and the pizero w have to be used with some sort of usb headset or usb dongle sound device. The native sound interface on the pi3 is output only, so it won't accept microphone input. I have tested the ugreen usb dongle, the Logitech H800 bluetooth with dedicated bluetooth usb micro interface, Logitech H820 usb dect headset, Mpow usb headset.. So looks like most any "smart" usb sound interface will work. The native bluetooth on the pi3 and pizeorw currently will not work bidirectional, so no joy on a native bluetooth headset connection to the pi. One guy on the web explained all the why and wherefor, and jumped through a lot of hoops to get general bidirectional bluetooth working with an external dongle.. I have not. However the Logitech headset with the pre paired bluetooth usb micro device (kind of like your mouse with dedicated dongle) works right out of the box with no special setup. You do need to choose the device in the raspian sound settngs , and have to run the mumble sound setup wizard, May need to close mumble and reboot before everything is recognized, but after that, it will boot and work with that device automagically. Also for some reason the test audio output on the mumble sound setup never plays for me on the pi. The VU meter for the mic does work, so can confirm you are doing it right with the right settings. I use VNC to modify the settings if using the pizero, instead of hooking up keyboard etc. I set up the vnc server for no encryption, so it will work from linux and windows without throwing an error.

Debian Linux (Which the pi OS is based on) and bluetooth have always been extremely temperamental. I've always had issues of some form or another with bluetooth and linux, they just don't play nice.

Yep the H800 works.. Maybe the most comfortable headset I've ever worn.
Debian Linux (Which the pi OS is based on) and bluetooth have always been extremely temperamental. I've always had issues of some form or another with bluetooth and linux, they just don't play nice.

That's the beauty of the H800 or th h820e headset... the computer sees it's dongle as a usb sound device.. It's pre paired like your mouse.

Unidirectional listen only bluetooth seems to work pretty well on the pi. Pairing was straightforward for a keyboard as well. Has some nice GUI tools now. Bi directional on the pi's native chipset is physically impossible it would seem at present. It is an actual chipset problem. The diffinitive rundown is here http://youness.net/raspberry-pi/bluetooth-headset-raspberry-pi-3-ad2p-hsp He is a hero god for getting it working on a dongle though IMHO. I havn't had the spare time to go through the pain.

Last edited:
Got it. So bluetooth in this case is handled entirely by the dongle, and the OS just sees it as a USB audio interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back