Pin Spots and Gels

Did a search and didnt come up with anything helpful, so hoping someone here can help answer my question.

Got called in to operate a house rig for a corp event and the event planner asked if we could use the existing pin spots but with an amber color.
What is the best way to achieve this?

My concern putting a gel over the lamp is that it will be too hot.
I've also found these : Amber Gel for Pin Spot Light

Any help, previous experiences, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Never gelled a pinspot. But there are several that are out there. However, it seems the pinspots with screw caps are slightly different from the ones with retaining rings, so that might be an issue.

IF you're talking about a 6V 30W PAR36 pin spot lamp, they don't get very hot. I'd have no problem slapping a 5" square cut of R21 on them with four little pieces of blacktak. I try never to use gaffers tape to attach to an instrument.

The rondel you cited may or may not work, depending on the fixture.

I've taped gels over pinspots with no problems, even with more saturated colors. If too concerned, you could try to stretch the gel over the opening and tape it to the outside of the housing rather than tuck it between the lamp and front housing (which also seems to work).

The link you provided looks to be those plastic caps used for pinspots. They work fine, but are available in a very limited amount of colors.

I have Par 36 color caps for pin spots. Checking the inventory I find I have 47 - red, 29 - blue, 38 - yellow, 27 - green and 2 - amber. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back