Pixel Mapping advice

djsquizz

Hi everyone,

I rented 9 Microh LED Tri Bars, 24 feet of 16" truss, and 2 Work LW265r stands for a highschool dance I'm doing in a few weeks. I plan on pixel mapping the led bars. I have chamsys magicq and a dmx interface, so patching them and programming them is not a problem.
I was wondering if anyone had advice on how far apart I should place the bars. 2 feet between each bar would spread the effect out a lot more, but 1 foot between each bar would give a better view of the pixel mapping.

Any advice on how far apart the bars should be placed?

Also, does anybody have tips for creating content and designs for low resolution pixel mapping rigs in chamsys?

Cheers

Jon

Placement really depends on the content you're trying to display. If you need every bit of resolution from them then I would suggest placing them the same width as the distance between the individual LED's on the bar. That's probably not a realistic scenario, though, so spread them out as far as you need to in order to fill the area you need them in while maintaining as much resolution as you need. It's all a balancing act. And of course, keep in mind that the further back the audience is the better your graphics will look. Good luck and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back