PLEASE help me program MAGICQ!!

Hello everyone, I am new to magicq so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I am installing this system in a church and I want to be able to set up a lot of different looks and store them on a fader and be able to crossfade between scenes. I am using an enttec pro and 20 led par 64's and 9 conventional lights. I am also running my house lights. I have managed to patch all of my lights and create a cue on each fader but I don't know how to fade between the scenes like I would on a regular dmx board. I have read everywhere that I need to make a cue stack and put all of my scenes in one stack but the issue with doing it this way is I don't think I can toggle between cues in that stack. For instance.. say my first song is all green and my second song is red... Thats ok but what if the operator accidentally goes to the red scene while I am still on the green song. Or say I need to suddenly pull up the house lights unexpectedly. Or I need to black everything out. Please help me understand what to do! I have to have this working by SUNDAY!! Thanks in advance for any help. God bless!

You can't really crosfade between submasters in the classic sense. You can bring the second one up and then take the first one down. But you can only move one fader at a time. If faders are set to LTP, a new color value will take over for the the old color, but things won't fade down until you click and drag the first fader down. To do a true crosfade you either need a wing panel or you must pre program the whole show.

It's free. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back