PM5D Cardslot

Eboy87

I'm gathering up necessary supplies for this summer. The 5D works with a PCMCIA to SD card, correct? Anyone have a favorite source (besides 5D school)?

Studio manager is a good way to go, its what I use with all my consoles. I want to say there was a meg limit on it, but I could be way wrong on that one. Only been on a PM5D a few times, and I have always just connected my laptop up and dropped my show that way.

The PM5D Cardslot seems to work with ANY PCMCIA adaptor that enumerates as an ATA Device.
Most of the older PCMCIA to SD Card and CF Card adaptors seem to enumerate this way, but as far as I can tell, most of these are not SDHC compatable.
The "EDUP MCR-5A" definitely works. I have one.
I also suspect that the "Sandisk SDAD-67" series will work as I've heard that they enumerate as ATA.

Just be careful of the format of the card and it's size. It's GOT to be "FAT" (FAT16) formatted, and I suspect that you'd be best with 2GB and under in size. That goes for ATA cards, CF cards and SD Cards.

By the way, most of the newer PC-Card (PCMCIA) to SD Card adaptors enumerate as an internal USB device that then hosts the adaptor. The PM5D doesn't recognise these.

Neak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back