Portable Dimmer Pack Reccs

How many channels? Suggest Fleenor DMX24DIM or DMX12DIM-ELV.

proxy.php

I've used this dimmer pack and found hem to be very reliable, esp for he price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matrix-DMX...294167&hash=item2109fea9d6:g:ik0AAOSw7hRWO8jR

I've used about 20 of these dimmers outdoors where they've been rained on and once dried they continued working. 4 channels. Under DMX config they can all run off 1 address, 1x4, in 2x2 mode uses 2 DMX addresses...ch 1&2 ganged and ch 3&4 ganged, or 4x1 where 4 DMX addresses drive channels 1-4 respectively. These are very easy to work with. Biggest problem has been the starting DMX address inadvertently changed by a tech bumping a button. Other dimmer packs run $200 but i haven't found their operation to be any different.

1 issue on low wattage I ran in to. I was running a string of 10 candalobra (electric candles) lights, I think they were 7 watts each. The lights were wired in parallel. When I had the channel off, the center lights would not shut off. I finally remembered that some dimmers leak power, so I plugged in a spare 300 watt par light to the dimmer also and that fixed the issue...bleed off any leakage current.

Regards from the mountains of Utah!

I’ve found that Laptop PSUs with an LED on the main brick work perfect for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back