Light Meter recomendations

brucek

Hello,
I am shopping for a light meter. My specific need is going to be checking BUG ratings of outside lighting. I see the Klein Tools ET130 for ~$80. Does anyone have any experience with this meter? How does it work with narrow band emitters like LEDs

Any other decent low cost Meters I should look at?
Thanks,
Bruce

No one? No thoughts? A penny for your opinion?
I am having a hard time figuring out what the differences are between Dr Meter's $35 meter and Konica's $3500 meter and all the meters that range in between.

I need something compatible with LED & PWM light sources, that is accurate to ASTM or enough to be submit-able for local government reports.
ANYONE? Never saw so little opinions expressed here before.

My light meter is an amazon special. It is strictly for informative purposes. All my necessary levels are set by eye or camera. Mine is very similar to the Dr Meter, but not rated for digital stuff.

My opinion too, is out of date. Ten-plus-six years ago I decided I needed a "real" meter, I bought a more scientific model at about one/fifth the prize of the photographic. It only does FC and lux, no f-stop.

The real reason I wanted a meter was to prove to the vidiots that I knew what I was doing. "You asked for 150 FC. I thought that high, there's 100FC."

Were I doing it today, I'd investigate iPad apps.
My specific need is going to be checking
My specific need is going to be checking BUG ratings of outside lighting.
Oh, please, tell us more.

Sekonic C-800-U

Users who are viewing this thread

Back