Control/Dimming Practical Fixture Help/ Show Baby and D2

Hi All,

Hoping for a helping hand as we're a bit stuck. I'm TD/ME for an outdoor production that requires a practical lantern to be controlled by our Ion. The path from the board is ETC Ion (DMX 1 out)-> [hardwired] -> Show Baby 6 (DMX In) -> [wireless]-> D2 SHoW DMX Neo Dimmer -> [hardwired] -> 12V lamp and 9V battery.

Distance is not the issue as the total distance is less than 100' and I'm testing at the board.

The Show Baby is showing a green light for Tx and green for ID/Data. No lights indicating signal. The practical lamp is good as it works when powered directly by the 9V battery. The lamp is dimmable/non LED. The D2 is blinking green indicating low voltage despite it being able to take +7.5 ~ 30VDC. I have tried powering both with the 9V and a 12V (21/23) battery.

The lantern has to be controlled wirelessly from the board as it is carried and interacted with and goes out "magically" (without actor help).

I've set the Show ID on the Show Baby and D2 at 201. I've addressed the D2 and matched the address with the patch.

Hoping someone is able to lend insight and point me in the right direction in getting this lantern to work. What step am I missing? Where do I continue? Is there a piece of technology I am missing?

Thanks All

Users who are viewing this thread

Back