Automated Fixtures PRG's "Best Boy"

so apparently prg is coming out with a new figure called the "best boy", I hear its supposed to be a smaller version of the bad boy but does more, someone told me there's going to be a showcase for them in 2 weeks, ill probably be attending if I can get more info on it. anyone know about this?

re: PRG's "Best Boy"

Here's a link to PRG's website about this. Judging by what I can tell from the image, I bet it'll be something like a Bad Boy that's supposed to be versatile (like the swiss army knife in the picture.) Judging by the mysterious writing of "October 28 | LDI 2011", I'll bet it'll be first shown to the public on the first conference day of LDI.

Whoops, I meant to write Bad Boy... And a Bad Boy weighs 167 lbs anyway...

Excuse me while I get away from the computer for a while!

Whoops, I meant to write Bad Boy... And a Bad Boy weighs 167 lbs anyway...

Thats still kind of insane!

Vari•lite VL1000: 72lbs
Vari•lite VL3500: 91lbs
Vari•lite VLX3: 44lbs
Martin Mac 250 Krypton: 49lbs
Martin Mac 2000 Wash: 75lbs
Clay Paky Alpha Profile 1500: 109lbs
Clay Paky (new)Shotlight: 102lbs
Clay Paky Alpha Wash 700: 45lbs
Elation Platinum Spot 5R: 28lbs
Elation Design Wash LED: 20lbs
Chauvet Q-Spot 250: 30lbs
Chauvet MINWash: 8lbs
Syncrolite XL10 a whopping 262lbs

Last edited:

Some of the fixtures you list are in completely different classes/leagues/types like comparing apples and oranges....

(mini-LED moving heads vs. discharge moving heads....)

Some of the fixtures you list are in completely different classes/leagues/types like comparing apples and oranges....

(mini-LED moving heads vs. discharge moving heads....)

I know they are different, and the MINWash was a joke. I was just comparing the weight of moving head lights, not necessarily functionality of those fixtures.

I was told it was supposed to be either a wash version that was supposed to be the brother of the Bad Boy- with a real color mixer. Or it was supposed to be the baby brother with around a 700W lamp. But since this is all speculation, I can't be sure of what to make of any information. I just hope it's not another heavy ****er. I helped load a truss with 20 of those and a ton of Chauvet Colorardo 2's- which are like 38 pounds each. (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if my "ton" description was accurate to the weight)

so I attended a private showcase for the best boy, it's 109lbs about 50 less than the bad boy, it's light is amazing. The person who was describing its features had a list of things that it does but I'm not familiar with the techy stuff he was speaking of. I caught that it draws less power than the bad boy but somehow its light is brighter, physically its a lot smaller than the bad boy but has the same body style. the showcase had other fixtures there for comparison, vl3500s, claypaky alpha, martin 2ks and others, you can really tell the difference in quality when they had the spotlights next to each other on a screen. check it out at ldi if you go, you'll be amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back