Control/Dimming problem with ENR-96 dimmers

Chococat

Hi,

I've got a problem with our Colortran ENR-96 dimmers and rack. We noticed the problem when we brought the lights up and they flickered together. Some came all the way up and others didn't come on. Then later the lights that didn't light up just popped on. After we cleaned all the dimmers, rack and control modules the lights never came back in. I had an electrician come in who checked the volts feeding the rack - they are good. But he found the power was being distributed to the other side of the dimmers. Unknown to us why.

The dimmers and rack are Colortran's ENR series 96, model 28900-05, approx 17 yrs old.
What we've done:
- check the power coming in - ok
- cleaned the dimmers, the rack and the control modules, and their contacts
- replaced the fuses of the control modules
- swapped control modules - top to bottom and vice versa
- receded all cables

Any infomation would be very helpful. Thanks.

Give Dimmer.com a yell. They should be able to either get it fixed or retrofitted. Sounds like a controller card issue of some kind.

Thanks Footer, Any suggestions for the Toronto Ontario area?

Eh... Johnson Systems headquarters is in Calgary. I know thats on the other side of the country but they should be able to get you a dealer that is a bit more local. These are the guys that support these old things. If they can't get it working, no one can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back