The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Projection degree survey

Discussion in 'Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control' started by ruinexplorer, May 25, 2012.

1. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

This is a survey of various video production programs, created as an effort to assist those interested in this career path. I have created a series of ten open ended questions which I have asked various universities to answer in all honesty about their programs. By responding, they understood to be granting permission to share the entirety of their answers on the forum. I am posting this with numbered questions and answers, who responded, and from which school. It will be continually updated as I receive more responses.

1.Give a brief introduction about your program in regards to video for theater. You can include what types of degrees, when the program started, and whatever you feel is relevant.

2.What is the philosophy behind the program? Pure design, equipment based, or something else?

3.What is the benefit of learning in a program like yours as opposed to learning on the job or getting a degree in a related field such as graphic/motion design?

4.What opportunities do the students have outside of the classroom academically and professionally? Do you have any partnerships with outside entities?

5.What type of equipment do the students train on? Please include capture/creation, media servers and other back-end, and projectors or other display elements.

6.Do you train the students in multiple disciplines? Will they only be able to work in theater or will the skills easily transfer to corporate presentations, AV install, film production, etc.?

7.What sets your school apart from other programs?

8.Where are some of your graduates now employed? Do you offer assistance in placement or career councelling?

9.Is there anything else you would like to share about your program? Please include links where students can get more information.

10.If a student couldn’t, for whatever reason, be a part of your program, what would be your next suggestion?

Yale, School of Drama

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

CalArts