PROPS/SCENERY: BIG LOVE

HeadTech

So, I am currently stage managing a production of Big Love by Charles Mee at my college, and as anyone who is familiar with the show knows, it has a lot of props, a lot of costumes, and a lot of action.

There are some things that present a little bit more of a challenge than others, for example, the wedding cake which needs to be fling-able. And dishes that need to be smash-able. and then there's that wonderfully active and dark wedding scene with the blood and the killing and all that. I was just curious if anyone has done this show before and if you had any advice from your production?

Thanks!

We are opening Big Love in 2 days...the Cake is just a regular cake that we throw just means we have to mop the floor each night. The Dishes are a special red clay (I don't know exactly what they are made of) that basically harmlessly disintegrates when it breaks. The blood is easy, there are many ways of making blood packets and capsules that break when struck and release their contents to look like real wounds. I'm sure if you searched you could find some instructions on how to do this.

breakable plates

Hey! SO our theater is doing a production of Charles Mee's "Big Love". I understand that we need to find a lot of breakable plates for the show, and as we are all under budget constraints, I need to find a low cost solution to this. Does anyone have any good advice for us or avenues to explore???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back