Control/Dimming Question about recording to disk on an ETC Express

Hello there! I just have a quick question about recording to disc on an ETC Express. I'll be running tech checks for both a regional and a state drama festival. We're using an Express 24/48 at regionals and a 48/96 at states. I plan to have a disc for each school that's competing with all their patch/submasters/cues/etc. But I need to know, what exactly records to the disc? For example, if the board was in two-scene mode and I loaded a disc for a school using one-scene, would the board switch over? Or do I have to go in and change the mode manually? Thanks!

Would you record the patch wouldn't it change for each place you go.

Last edited:
Is it realistic for them to build the cues offline, have they scene the space. Last year I went to an arts festival and while I had studied their plot, it didn't look anything like I had imagined. Does each school have time in the space just to get acquainted with it?

I think what Studio is trying to say is: why would the patch change at all.

It's not realistic. Most of the schools use old two-scene preset boards in their theaters anyway, I think. And the patch changes because some lights are being reaimed, as well as the fact that some people are using one scene, some are using two scene, etc.

Thank you! Do you think that includes the board setting? It must...

It does, assuming that the console you are loading the show onto supports the mode it was recorded in. (i.e.: If you load a show recorded with 2 scene mode active onto an Express 125 which doesn't have 2 scene mode. It would just ignore that data.)

Yes, we're recording them on the board with which they'll be used, which is a 24/48. Trial and error has proven that this setting is, in fact, saved to disk. Thanks so much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back