RDM Software

Hey there friends. I was wondering if anyone had knowledge of some of the freeware light programs that are RDM capable. Long story short we have a AMX worklight control panel that only controls the first 200 DMX channels in our system. Our LED stuff is past 200 which I would like to use in a worklight setting. Right now it's hodge podge of regular incandescent and florescent lights.

I'd go and change them all manually to something below 200 but it's like 12 lights and half of which are in not convenient locations. I realized at some point that RDM will work with these particular lights and I could remotely change the address to all them at the same time.

The theatre in question does have a ETC Element but I don't have one of those fancy network interface things for it that let DMX work. I do have a enttec DMX Pro MK2 that I've been playing with but I didn't see really in any of the freebie software where RDM stuff is located. I'm using a Mac and I've downloaded QLC+ and LXConsole.

I'll spend some money if need be. I've had plans to purchase D-Pro software to go with my DMX Pro when I'm doing freelance work but am waiting for a little more money surplus before I go for it. So in the meantime... any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The Element does local RDM from its DMX ports. You can use the console software to do RDM or load Net3 Concert on to the board and use that in the shell. (If it's an older unit, you may need to make sure the software is up to date (currently v2.3.3) and then update the I/O card firmware (v1.4.1)). The only trick is that the DMX infrastructure after the Element would need to be RDM compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back