Reduce fog spill

nealsam

Right guys,

I'm working on a dance production at the moment and we're on a pretty small budget. We've got 2 medium size foggers (one in each wing) to provide both light fog for lighting effects (we couldn't afford a hazer) and for some more heavy-duty smoke effects.

All the effects are just as we want them in the techs, except we seem to be getting quite a bit of 'spill' off the front of the stage. I know this is to be expected, but are there any ways to reduce this? The machines are at the back of the stage angled slightly inwards to allow the smoke to drift forward somewhat. I'm wondering whether turning them round to face the cyc would work, any ideas?

Cheers,
Sam

Maybe a fan would help. Another option is replacing the fluid with a quick dissipate type.

Fog management is always a situational thing, every effect and building is different. Even a change of weather outside the building can affect how the fog flows. Fans might help, or putting the machines downstage facing upstage, but short of putting a plexiglass fence or several fans around your pit edge, the fog will mostly go where it wants to. The in-building air currents are going to the be the biggest variable in the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back