Replacement for Martin Krypton 250

I know a lot of people here have had very positive experiences with the Rouge line.. I've never dealt with either in this case, but they're certainly worth a look based on what everyone says.

In this photo there are 700 watt arc fixtures and a 140 watt Rouge R1 Spots

proxy.php

Same in this photo:
proxy.php

I highly recommend Rogue R2 Spots. I recently used both Krypton 250s and Rogue R2s, and they both have the same features. But the R2s are faster, brighter, and much sharper than the Kryptons. Also, the R2s have a great diffusion.

Love the rogues but the Martins seem like good fixtures. I have only played with the MH1(?) in a demo room but was impressed with the gobo load. Either way both are worthy to replace the Kryptons.

I would vote for the Rogue R2 Spots as well. Killer fixtures, company I work for right now has 30 in rental inventory, we love 'em. They replaced all of our old 250 and 575 watt spot fixtures. And they're almost as bright as a 700.

I would vote for the Rogue R2 Spots as well. Killer fixtures, company I work for right now has 30 in rental inventory, we love 'em. They replaced all of our old 250 and 575 watt spot fixtures. And they're almost as bright as a 700.

They just need to come out with a version that color mixes... maverick, perhaps?

Maverick MK2 Spots are gonna be what you want if you need color mixing and zoom - they'll be significantly more expensive though I'm sure. I'm looking forward to seeing a spec sheet when those get released at PL+S at the beginning of April. One of the Maverick posts I saw did say they'd have "more fixtures" coming out in the Maverick line, so maybe a more affordable MK1 Spot that still retains CMY? We can certainly hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back