Resurfacing Iris leafs.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Been working on some recently, 108 or fact or 113 given fly aways not able to save shutter leafs. Not too bad a ratio I would think. Got a jig and some concepts. Saving Iris's in not having to buy new when not too bad yet. Working on a "Ship" like long type of thing on this subject in covering and conveying everything about the subject I have learned in doing so. Sorry, I don't do DOS for Dummies type stuff.

Any interest in perhaps a final how to' befere, Wife is getting huge and my life will be changing. Be a few days until finished with the project given a few fly aways even today I cannot find that have to be replaced. Extra shutters at work, brought home two in needing one, by the end of the night, it was up to five. Happens but given the jig I made, less so perhaps in mirror finish restoration.

Four out of 108 leafs went astray in... not a good thing in finding them. Jig will probably wait on my part a few months for concept write up though PM if wanted notes so far in not as easy read or refined before than in TBA for seeing.

Did work out well for concept and jig and materials for how to do these thin leafs though. After findings, of the replacement leafs, it's not a standardized size of pins on the leafs. At times had to drill out the casting to fit a larger size. Fun stuff but overall, one can refinish as a concept a iris, and do it well I think. TBA as said and thanks for any interest in how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back