Installs Retractable power for portable PA?

jakeparr

Building a roll-pack for my school that will circulate around the gyms and cafeteria.

Figure I'll use a nice skb road case, rackmount everything, prepatch it, and make it so it can roll into a room, get plugged into power and patch a speaker and whoevers using it is good to go.

I'm trying to find a power cable that can be retracted into the cabinet like a vaccum cleaner. I figure it's one less thing to coil.

Any ideas?
Thanks

That could work if it's a last resort. I need it to be the other way around and the board probably wouldnt be happy if I redid the ends.

Also I was thinking it too would be rackmounted.

Thanks

That could work if it's a last resort. I need it to be the other way around and the board probably wouldnt be happy if I redid the ends.

Also I was thinking it too would be rackmounted.

Thanks

You won't find it. Retractable cables in a production environment are a pretty horrible idea. Besides the fact that they are Jr service cable, there is the other issue where these things fail fairly often. They can fill up with crap that then gets sucked into the rack. Get a small cable trunk that has extension cords, NL4 cables, XLR, etc... and be done with it. Your going to spend a hundred bucks on something that really has no impact on the workability of the final product.

Those are good points footer. I might just leave a shorty extension cord in the bottom of the case then.

That or rip apart my old vacuum cleaner!

......Or perhaps one end of the rolling rack could be configured with a series of cable hooks ( or not depending on security issues).

H. Wilson 51892 Retractable 2-Outlet Electrical Unit 51892 B&H
proxy.php

this might work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back