Robe 700e AT Headache.

MultiTool

Hi all,

I'm having a real headache with a Robe 700E AT that I just got back from repair. It's not reacting to any external input.

We have a set of four of them. they are hung from two rails in our ballroom. The DMX control is routed through our dimmer pack that is built in just above the rail and then out to one unit, where we have a daisy chain to the secondary unit.

the sequence is:

Control board (ETC Ion) ===> wall plate ===> Ceiling Plate ===> Dimmer pack ===> Robe unit 1 ===> Robe unit 2

there seems to be a breakdown between unit 1 and 2. Unit 1 runs like a champ but Unit 2 just sits there. I can plug unit two in and power the unit on but only the fan turns on. nothing else functions not even the monitor on the front of the device. It is also completely non responsive to external input. That includes the Control board and the buttons on the front of the device.

I've already tried swapping in a new cable between unit 1 and 2.

The unit just came back from repairs as I said to help resolve this exact problem. When it was out for repair, I was told that there were several leaky capacitors on one of the control boards. I'm just irritated that it seems like the robe repair house didn't do anything and we're still stuck with a busted unit.

If anyone has seen anything like this or has any advice i'd love to hear it. I'm going to go and try some work arounds and I'll let you all know what happens.

I'm also new to this Ion control board so if there's a piece of info i'm missing that is super simple, shout that out.

Thanks,

MultiTool

If you have just gotten it back from them and there seems to be a problem, it seems to be a repair failure. My best guess is that they probably didn't seat a ribbon cable or similar connector in and that's why you aren't getting the display to work.

Where did you get it repaired? Somewhere local that you can just get a loaner unit? or is time not a factor? I'd send it back stating that there is a problem with it still.

Just finished pulling the unit down out of the grid.

Everything looks nice and snug, no loose cables, it's so clean inside this unit you could eat off the color trays (if you like that) and all the fuses test well. I'm at a loss.

I managed to get ahold of the tech who did the repair for me at ROBE in Miami and according to him, "it worked fine" when it left his shop.

Okay, maybe. But when I was on the phone with him, we discovered that perhaps one of the PCBs may be non functional due to a lack of a status light. Those don't usually break in transit, i'm just sayin'. Either way i'll keep you all updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back