Automated Fixtures Robe LedWash 300 vs 300+

Hi,

Does anyone know what's the deal with Robe Ledwash 300 and 300+?

300 is older, has smaller zoom range, is less powerful and is more expensive than 300+. Price difference is pretty big.

Are the colors not so good or the low end dimming? I've heard something about different LED's?

Any info would be nice!
Thanks!

300+ is just an updated version of the same fixture. The 300 came out in 2011 I believe - which means that sourcing some of the components (particularly those exact LED chips) was probably becoming hard. By upgrading the LED chips they were probably able to cut price of those quite a bit, and at the same time they probably upgraded the optics as they had to design a new lens for a new LED chip. Newer LED chips are punchier at the same wattage than their much older counterparts.

Are you looking to purchase? There are other fixtures in this category as well.

The Martin MAC Aura XB, the GLP Impression X4, and the Chauvet Rogue R2 Wash are all other fixtures to consider if you're looking at things in this range. The Aura XB would be my first choice out of all (including the Robe) because of the impressive output and dimming as well as the fully homogenized front lens with no black between LEDs.

The Martin MAC Aura XB, the GLP Impression X4, and the Chauvet Rogue R2 Wash are all other fixtures to consider if you're looking at things in this range. The Aura XB would be my first choice out of all (including the Robe) because of the impressive output and dimming as well as the fully homogenized front lens with no black between LEDs.

I wouldn't compare the aura XB to the 300/300+, it's much closer to the 600+/800, and from a pricing perspective the spiider is not that far off either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back