Automated Fixtures ROBE Robin DLX

kwhite177

Hello all,

I work for a small Audio Video and Lighting company who is in the process of upgrading from our cheaply made, problem ridden moving fixtures. My boss is suggesting to purchase some ROBE Robin DLX fixtures. Since I have never used these fixtures let alone ROBE fixtures at all, I can only go off of what is on ROBE's website. The tech specs look great but what about problems?

I was hoping I could get some input from anyone with experience with ROBE or specifically the Robin DLX.

Thanks so much!

I had a demo Robin DLX in for comparison a few months ago. It is a nice unit but not suitable for my venue. They just aren't bright enough to cut through a stage wash and the fan noise, while quieter than many, is not quiet enough. Assuming we go ahead with a purchase, it will be the Clay-Paky Alpha HPE 300. Similar power requirements to the Robin DLX but much brighter, with a better set of features for our needs, and very very quiet.

The best advice is get them in for a demo and compare them to something you have used before.

The circle on the left is coming from a Martin Roboscan 918 Pro (was there ever an Am?) hanging off an electric about 18' off the deck and maybe 10' further DS than the other 2 MLs. The one in the middle is the Robin DLX. The one on the right is a Martin Entour 350.

photo-1.JPG

I don't know if I had a bad profile, or if the demo fixture that I had my hands on was faulty. However, it was significantly less bright than the advertised specs.

That being said, it has some beautiful features that you can't find in other similar units. If you can deal with the lack of intensity, it will do lots of very cool things for you.

For us, the lack of intensity was a deal breaker.

It's a very nice fixture if you like the output. They have made improvements to the LED engine in the unit. They new units I feel are a but brighter. I just did an install of 18 units and they really are smooth. As far as quality of the fixture itself, like all robe fixtures- it's built like a tank if you just take care of it.

That being said I would recommend getting a demo from a local dealer. If you need help finding your a dealer near you, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back