Rosco Glo

I'm painting a few dozen hearts that will form part of a 3D back gound. The audience will actually be wearing 3D glasses. The designer also wants the hearts to glow under black light for another scene. Does anyone have experience with either Rosco's Vivid FX or mixing Rosco Glo in with regular paint? Particularly wanting to know if the glow paint would change the color of the paint I would mix it with-changing it too much would prevent the 3D effect from happening.

Give rosco a call. They have small "tester" kits that will let you play with it. I have used the Vivid FX paint before but never as an additive. This seems like one of those things that warrants a small scale test.

I'll second the vote for Wildfire. We've used their paint for years here, and it's always tuned out well.
If you're concerned about changing the color, I believe they sell a coating that goes on clear but glows white under UV. They have a clear one that blocks all UV too.

Thanks to everyone! We ended up using Wildfire FX. Haven't seen it under the lights yet, but it was great to work with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back