Select all vectorworks?

Is there a way to select all in vectorworks? For instance I have a wash of 8" Fresnel's and they all get the same color, label legend, etc. I have 26 of them so do I need to select each of them individually or since they are a specific object can I select all of them?

Thanks in advance

You can hold [Shift] and select multiple objects.

There is also a "select similar" tool in the basic tool palette that depending on what you are doing might help you.

Is there a way to select all in vectorworks? For instance I have a wash of 8" Fresnel's and they all get the same color, label legend, etc. I have 26 of them so do I need to select each of them individually or since they are a specific object can I select all of them?

Thanks in advance

As others have stated, I use Find and Modify to be really useful for this kind of stuff.

If you are getting used to Vectorworks, a big help is to print out the keyboard shortcuts and keep it with you while you work - there are many useful shortcuts for the program that will speed your day along.

Is there a way to select all in vectorworks? For instance I have a wash of 8" Fresnel's and they all get the same color, label legend, etc...

I recommend giving Sam Jones' AutoPlot Tools For Spotlight a look. This is a collection of several scripts/macros that make working with Spotlight a lot easier. Things like the "Select All Of This Fixture Type" do exactly what you're needing, but with a single Right-Click or menu choice. There are several other "selects" included, in addition to things like Label Legend manipulation and Accessory fixing scripts. WELL worth the $35...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back