Sennheiser ew 300 G3 power usage

gttechie

Hi community!

I have two new ew300's, G3's at our venue and we have experienced a very fast battery drain. One of the tech's here allegedly had to change the batteries after only an hour and a half approx.

Anyone know how to reduce power usage with these or if this is an odd problem?

Thanks!

That's a good point, Phil. I always use Procells, so I don't have a reference point for the cheaper batteries. If you're using crappy batteries (or old rechargeables) an hour may be all you get.

I once made a chart of Shure ULX run times with several different batteries.
The results varied by a large margin.

If you are using new Procells or equivalents, then a call to Sennheiser is in order. Otherwise, try using decent batteries and that will probably fix your problem. I can burn through crappy batteries in an hour pretty easily but good batteries aren't even particularly more expensive if you order them in boxes from a theatrical supplies dealer and they last so much longer.

We have EW100s and use ProCells (which we get from Batteries Plus). We get at least 4 hours from most of them.

I have four Sennheiser EW300 G3 and have never had a problem with battery drain. I use Energizer alkaline and they easily last longer than 4 hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back