Serious Injury on Spiderman

If they some how manage to get an even decent review after they open the show might do well.

If they don't kill someone first, that is.

Accidents that someone can recover from in a few weeks are a lot different than accidents that leave someone paralyzed or puts them six feet under. Killing someone is the fastest way this show can go from comedic disaster to a tragic train wreck.

I can't wait to see the musical adaptation of "The Matrix".

Why must "Broadway" try and turn a movie like Spiderman into a stage performance? Collectively, the writer, producer, director, etc., should get a smack in the head.

Why must "Broadway" try and turn a movie like Spiderman into a stage performance? Collectively, the writer, producer, director, etc., should get a smack in the head.

It's actually a new story on this one based on the comic book, not the movies. Spiderman is almost 50 years old. The left Stan Lee out of the process which is one reason why the book is being touted as horrible. Its a comic book story written and produced by people that have never read a comic book.

Is that why the latest Star Trek movie was so bad? It wasn't written and produced by people familiar with that franchise.

Stephen Colbert last night in his "The Word" segment said something like this:

"You wouldn't believe how many lives you can save yelling fire in a crowded theater."

Side title comment: "Especially at Spiderman the Musical."

This show is never going to get out of previews... and yet they are still doing 8 shows a week.

Isn't that weird? It seems to me the smart thing to do at this point would be to cut the number of performances to 3 or 4 a week and get the show back in rehearsal half the week so they can do what they need to fix it.

Not a bad idea. The announcement included news of cancelling performances for two Tuesdays, I am guessing for rehearsal time. Mayhaps they need more!

Last edited:
Isn't that weird? It seems to me the smart thing to do at this point would be to cut the number of performances to 3 or 4 a week and get the show back in rehearsal half the week so they can do what they need to fix it.

This is also the reason why shows have out of town tryouts, which as far as I know, they did not. It feels like they are having a lot more creative/book problems then anything else. Also, with this many previews many critiques have written about the show allowing the producers to change the show to fit the critiques.

To paraphrase: "With great budgets comes great mental lapses. Sometimes."
:)

I was thinking of adapting Superman for the stage but I'm having a hard time locating a jet turbine engine to use onstage for his super breath. I lined up some 80 mega jule lasers for his heat vision, and as we all know, Anybody can make somebody fly.......

I was thinking of adapting Superman for the stage but I'm having a hard time locating a jet turbine engine to use onstage for his super breath. I lined up some 80 mega jule lasers for his heat vision, and as we all know, Anybody can make somebody fly.......

They didn't need all those fancy gadgets when they did Superman back in the 60's. People had to use their imagination.:angryoldman:

Glenn Beck says Spiderman the Musical is "...by far the best show I've ever seen". There's a brief article in the Huffington Post including two clips about 10 minutes long from his show here. He apparently spent a half hour raving about it.

Highlights:
He doesn't like U2 but this was some of the best music ever in a musical.
5 people deserved standing ovations for their spectacular performances.
The night he went the understudy for Spiderman performed. Glenn said he had the vocal qualities of Michael Buble.
It's so great people should be dropping everything to fly across the country to see it.

How's that for an odd twist to this story.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck says Spiderman the Musical is "...by far the best show I've ever seen". There's a brief article in the Huffington Post including two clips about 10 minutes long from his show here. He apparently spent a half hour raving about it.

Highlights:
He doesn't like U2 but this was some of the best music ever in a musical.
5 people deserved standing ovations for their spectacular performances.
The night he went the understudy for Spiderman performed. Glenn said he had the vocal qualities of Michael Buble.
It's so great people should be dropping everything to fly across the country to see it.

How's that for an odd twist to this story.

Did he cry about it too?

It said there have been no injuries while swinging over the audience. From reports that's true, but there have been at least one from landing that trick. What OSHA is talking about is all backstage.

From Stuntman goes to court claiming his head and knees were injured at 'Spider-Man' on Broadway :
He alleges that the rigging he used for the show's aerial acrobatics wasn't recalibrated for him and, as a result, he made 70 hard landings on stage during performances and rehearsals. He says the hard landings created a 1.4-millimeter hole in his right knee and a 9-millimeter hole in his left knee.

He also alleges that a computer program controlling one of his jumps from a balcony sent him flying into a wall on April 5, 2011. He says he suffered two herniated discs, whiplash and a concussion.

So he makes all these "hard landings" with gear that wasn't calibrated for him? Shouldn't he have brought this up before he performed the stunts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back