Design Show Critical Gobo/Image Pro Issue

I just had a major problem with my gobo/image pro order from the company in LA that always get my stuff made and now I have no gobos or image pro's for a show that loads in Sunday in BOSTON.

Anyone know of a company or person in Boston that can get 5 different custom gobos made and ready for Monday? Show goes off tuesday morning and I am at a loss as to how to save the show.

(yea yea, another Save the show thread/post)

I am trying to keep my spirits up but this day has been a disaster. We fly out Saturday for a Sunday load in and I could send someone to pick them up Monday anytime.

For a price(!), Gobos, Custom Gobos, Wedding Gobos, Gobo Projectors, Glass Gobos (goboman.com) offers overnight service for custom steel gobos, but is closed for the wknd. I have used goboman a few times and been quite happy, though my use has not included the time pressure.

I'd still try the phone numbers in the morning and see if anyone was around or if they have an emergency #. There's a contact page at their site.

Or you could search out the common suspects for weekend potential. Rosco, Gam, Apollo, ...Does production advantage have potential to help here?
No great ideas, sorry. :cry:

Just hoping legwork pays off for you. :cool:

edit: It finally sunk in that steel gobos are likely not what you're looking for.

Last edited:
The company that dropped this whole order tried the usual companies like Rosco and Apollo with no luck today. The problem was we didn't find out until after 3pm pacific so that limited our calls today. I will give goboman and n&n and a few others a try tomorrow as you sugested though.

I appreciate the response, I also hope some legwork pays off and yes, they are going to cost some $$ but I don't have a choice at this point. We were able to track some Image Pro sheets down and print some really bad images out but even at their best the Image Pros don't really cut it.

I think my only shot at this is to find a company in BOSTON that can make them Monday and we can get them focused Monday night at some point but all my searches don't come up with anything in Boston so I hope that my search skills are the problem and we can get lucky.

You can have them made in NYC on Monday and brought to you via courier the same day.

I want to say that Tribeca Lighting (used to be Big Apple Lights) has a gobo fab. I am not certain on that, but I believe they do.

ALPS makes custom gobos and has an emergency contact on their website. I've never used them for something with this kind of time crunch but they might be able to get the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back