Wireless Shure Lapel Mics

Salt7900

Hi,
The company I work for is looking into new lapel mics. I have a few questions. Has anyone worked with Shure's PG88 receiver? How about the SLX1 transmitter? Will they works together? Any other recommendations?

I don't believe you can mix transmitters and receivers across product lines. I certainly know they do not sell them packaged that way. We have 20 of the SLX wireless systems for about 5 years. They work great, especially for the price point.

~Dave

You can in most cases force the systems to work togther, but it requires disabling pilot tone squelch amongst other things. The two systems of course must be in the same or overlapping bands so you can dial in the same frequency. It will NOT produce results that are as good as using the same line throughout (especially when we aren't talking about say mixing UHF and UHF-R). Basically you are left at the audio quality of the lesser system...

PG wireless leaves a lot to be desired in 90% of usages.

Probably not, though PSG and SLX are very similar under the hood. However, I wouldn't use such a system for anything you actually care about, like a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back