Wireless Shure/Mipro

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunnyFellow

Sound Technician
The school has decided not to buy the pgx14/185 system,
but a Mipro ACT-707DE, ACT-707T and a ACT-707H. Seeing as everyone on the threads I have made have said "Bad Equipment" "Interference Prone" and things like that, I ask you to tell (or complain) to me about what the Mipro System the school has chosen is like.

Overall the Mipro units are quite ok. I've never called the "bad equipment".

Why do you care if the school has already made up their mind?

Will it change or achieve anything?

there is a chance that they will change their mind, only slightly, mind you.

Just be happy that they're buying something. You could do worse.

The same frequency bank comments apply as to the Shure. Anything above 694 MHz is probably going away in 2014...

it was only because of durability that they decided to go with the mipro.

in fact the person in charge of buying this stuff, not me, will probably buy the wrong frequency band or something when they buy it.

they are buying it tomorrow night.

you might want to look at this link to be aware of a few potential pitfalls when using them.

MiPro wireless review | mikeyp.net

Live Sound: Recent Wireless Technology Series: Inside The MIPRO ACT Digital - Pro Sound Web

I would be a bit concerned about the limited bands that they operate in especially going forward with potential interference

The comments on only working with rechargeable battery packs would also worry me, I still like to just put in fresh batteries, and not have to whether they were recharged or not, if someone unplugged the charger etc. One of those personal preference deals but might be something for concern

I guess overall the decision is probably OK with the above warnings

Sharyn

The system has been bought and this thread is now closed.

Well, what did you buy?

The School Bought The Mipro System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back