Wireless Shure PGX4 4 pin XLR mini to 1/4" or 1/8"

tdewey7

Does anyone know where i can get a cord like this for a sure body pack?

To do what?

You should be able to buy a TA4F relatively easily and the wiring info is not hard to get either...

Either way, I'll let someone who does it all day take a crack at it before I waste an hour and a bunch of solder.

No kidding! The time and aggravation it takes for me to do it is worth a lot more than a $12 cable.

Either way, I'll let someone who does it all day take a crack at it before I waste an hour and a bunch of solder.

Heh... should have read that before Wednesday. Granted I was able to bring a Shure WL93T lav back to life (broken wire in the TA4F connector), but only after much cussing, a couple small burns and lots of wasted solder.

I also learned some things. Two hands are good, but five are better. Always be ready to resolder every wire on a connector, even if only one broke, because the others will likely break as soon as that one is done. A 40w soldering iron makes a handy wire stripper.

These were good lessons for me to learn, especially since it'd been 20 years prior since the last time I'd picked up a soldering iron, and that was to put wires on a (big) speaker pad. Good, because I've got parts inbound for a six-channel snake to get soldered up, in the air, and working as soon as they get here.

HAlways be ready to resolder every wire on a connector, even if only one broke, because the others will likely break as soon as that one is done.

But the first rule of cable repair is cut off at least 50mm past the connector boot before you start a retermination. It takes away the pre stressed cable that is the most likely point of failure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back