Telex 2 channel Wired and Wireless setup suggestions

rivlinm

Here is the equipment I own, looking to see if anyone thinks I can run it the way I want.

1 MS-2002
1 BTR-800 Wireless Basestation
4 TR-800 Wireless beltpacks
8 BP-1002
4 BP-2002
------
8 Production Intercom (PI) BP-1
1 Production Intercom (PI) Power Supply

I currently have two channels (a/b) on the BTR-800 that run into channel 2 on the wireless base station.

What is the max amount of BP I can use on the MS-2002? Is it 10 total? Is it per channel?

If I use the BP-1 packs (which are powered by their own power supply) will that count against the total of BP?

Can I run the PI packs into channel A on the ms2002, and the bp 1001 into channel B? Then my 4 BP2002 go into the dual channel xlr? And my BTR800 needs to run A and B into the A and B in the ms2002?

Well the first thing that catches my eye: RTS/Telex/AudioCom is not :plug and play: compatible with Production Intercom (which is ClearCom compatible).

Telex/RTS uses balanced audio and tone signaling, ClearCom/Production Intercom uses unbalanced audio and DC voltage signaling. Telex makes an interface box that allows them to work together.

A reference you might find useful is the Handbook of Intercom Engineering. It's a Telex/RTS document but the design and use principles apply to all party line intercom systems.

The "Really The Fine Manual" for the MS-2002 is available online and will give you an idea of what all that box can do. IIRC the max number of passive (unpowered) devices on a channel is around 10. The connection between the BTR and MS-2002 doesn't count. You might want to download the manual for the BP 1002/2002 also, IIRC they have internal options you may find useful.

Thanks! The PI is currently plugged into (and working) the BTR800. Should it not be?

I've read both the btr800 and ms2002 manual multiple times, but I feel it sorta falls flat for real world applications. What I have now works, But just thought it would be a good idea to make use of the BP2002s, although I guess I could just let them continue to collect dust.

Is this the document you suggested? https://clearcom.com/downloadcenter..._Clear_Com_Analog_Digital_Partyline_Ebook.pdf

I believe the wired com connections on the BTR800 are configurable for either ClearCom or RTS, so what you have now makes sense if I understand it correctly. I think you can configure the A & B sides individually, so you could potentially use the RTX stuff on one side and the PI/ClearCom compatible on the other. I don't know if there's a way to get it to merge the two channels... I also just realized my experience was with a BTR80N not the BTR800, so you'll have to do a little more reading of manuals to double-check it's the same.

What is the max amount of BP I can use on the MS-2002? Is it 10 total? Is it per channel?
10 per channel, 20 total if split across channels.

Well the first thing that catches my eye: RTS/Telex/AudioCom is not :plug and play: compatible with Production Intercom (which is ClearCom compatible).
All of the AudioCom products have jumpers and DIP switches you can set to force Clearcom Compatibility, unlike RTS/Telex.

As long as you reset your AudioCom stuff into ClearCom mode (all clearly defined in the manuals for both the MS-2002 and the Beltpacks) and run your BTR in Clearcom mode, you can plug and play at will. I wouldn't daisy-chain the power supplies (PI PSU and MS2-2002) together without testing first (sometimes you can introduce noise), but once everything is running a common voltage and knows which signaling schemes they are looking for to trigger call lights it'll all work just fine.

I had to go look at the BTR800 down in the PAC basement, and YES! It has a rear panel switch for the wired ports to be Clear Com compatible. :)

I believe the wired com connections on the BTR800 are configurable for either ClearCom or RTS, so what you have now makes sense if I understand it correctly. I think you can configure the A & B sides individually, so you could potentially use the RTX stuff on one side and the PI/ClearCom compatible on the other. I don't know if there's a way to get it to merge the two channels... I also just realized my experience was with a BTR80N not the BTR800, so you'll have to do a little more reading of manuals to double-check it's the same.
We have 4 channels of BTR-800 in our blackbox com rack. It's not working these days, due to deferred maintenance, but it was hooked to our 2W Clearcom, and reportedly worked fine, so I infer compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back