Wireless Shure ULX1 Red Light

Hi,
I have a Shure ULX1 in the J1 band that no longer boots up... An actor brought it to me because the power light was flashing red, I replaced the battery, and now when I turn it on the power light stays red, the screen lights up but does not display any info, and it doesn't transmit. Some searching on the Internet has told me that this is a "send it in" type problem, so I've emailed Shure tech, but I figured I would post here and see if anyone else has had the same experience, and if there is a fix that I can do here.
Thanks,
Jason

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. :(
Ah, well. At least Shure has a flat-rate repair program. $100 fixed, including return shipping.

Heads up, that is a good deal but be careful... I have sent loads of gear out before to Shure and been surprised to get some of it back not working. I was lucky to have plenty of spare gear but if you do not you may want to plan accordingly. I have had pretty good luck with their repair service but it always is a bummer on the rare occasion that they do not fix the issue(s) if you are in a tight spot and need that gear.

Thanks, wiscolighting. Fortunately, we have enough spares that I don't need it for this show. If the gear is returned still broken, is Shure usually good about repairing it again or do they charge you again?

Thanks, wiscolighting. Fortunately, we have enough spares that I don't need it for this show. If the gear is returned still broken, is Shure usually good about repairing it again or do they charge you again?

Yeah totally cool about it... no extra charge and I think they picked up the shipping back to them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back