simple brush drying method

Jackalope

Does anyone have an easy method for drying fitches after cleaning. i would like to hang them upside down but the handles are a bit small for drilling holes in them... or is that what most of you do?

Thanks

By upside-down, I'm guessing you mean bristles down. (I'd call that right side-up, but whatever.) I seem to recall a brush cabinet with these or similar installed, to grip the small diameter handles.

proxy.php

(One would need to install it upside-down;) from the picture, so that gravity helped to pull the jaws closed.) This device, but much smaller.
Alternatively, perhaps a wire of some sort could be wrapped the fitch's handle, to create a temporary hanger.

EDIT: See here.
proxy.php

Official topic derailment: Has anyone had success using a [URL='http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004Z4HL/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000VYIRZK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SE5Q17S10D18463NFRD"]brush spinner[/URL]?

Last edited:
Brush spinners work great if your goal is to cover everything around you in a nice fine splatter of random paint soaked water.

You could also build a drying rack. Build a few 1'x2' frames out of 1x1 or something like that. Stretch and staple windows screen to the frame. Attach the frames to some 1x3 to makes "shelves". This will allow the fitches to drip dry without them just soaking in their own water. If the brushes you are working with are small enough to not be able to hang, this is the next best option.

My guys just leave them soaking in water until I get a chance to clean them, or throw them away as the case may be....:angryoldman:

Seriously I used to have a 'Order holder' from a diner, we wrapped a big strip of ribber around it and just stuck them under it. I guess you could just use the 'clippy thingys' < technical term, Derek can you get that in the Wikki ? Thanks> to hold them. ...

Binder clips... that gives me an idea. What if you drilled holes in a small piece of sheet good (suspended it via a frame or attached to a shelf over the sink), pushed the brush handle through the hole and then binder clipped the top of the handle to secure.

Binder clips... that gives me an idea. What if you drilled holes in a small piece of sheet good (suspended it via a frame or attached to a shelf over the sink), pushed the brush handle through the hole and then binder clipped the top of the handle to secure.
By Jove !..... yeah you know the rest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back