Simple PC software

aboucher

Hello All:

I am looking for some simple software to run a PC based lighting control with a USB dongle. Pretty much all the software I have seen out there is designed for moving heads, or architectural design. I am looking for software with a keypad where I can actually type in something like 1 thru 10 @ Full, then record what I just set, then run thru all the cues by pressing the GO button. Basically, I want it to resemble a physical board. I have a Velleman VM116, so if would be awesome if the software could work with that, but I am okay with buying another dongle in a similar price range if I have to.

Thank you in advance!
Andy

Take a look at Cue Player Lighting. It is my software (disclaimer) that we use at Blackfriars. I recently added the feature of keyboard entry (e.g. '1/5*50' sets channels 1 thru 5 at 50%). It is cue by cue based for live shows. The Velleman is a little problem. I removed it from the software as it could only dim about 16 channels before flickering. Alternatives would be either Enttec or DMX King.

Hello All:

I am looking for some simple software to run a PC based lighting control with a USB dongle. Pretty much all the software I have seen out there is designed for moving heads, or architectural design. I am looking for software with a keypad where I can actually type in something like 1 thru 10 @ Full, then record what I just set, then run thru all the cues by pressing the GO button. Basically, I want it to resemble a physical board. I have a Velleman VM116, so if would be awesome if the software could work with that, but I am okay with buying another dongle in a similar price range if I have to.

Thank you in advance!
Andy

I have used qlcplus for several productions with good results. While it does not have the command line access that you mention it does have a pretty nice way of specifying scenes and cueing these scenes. The one feature I find lacking is a track mode. It does have a collections ability which I found useful to combine a base look with a couple of different added fixtures. I also used this to layer a chaser sequence on top of a static set of fixtures.

I like ENTTEC's DMXIS for really simple software. It's $275, but you get the software and a dongle.

It's designed for musicians so it's really easy and to use and it can be played back by "stomping go" on a 1/4" foot pedal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back