So when did super stips become finger jonted?

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Normally I'm either shopping for premium lumber, oak or in the $0.69 scrap bins for especially the T&G for flooring above my ceiling of late if not in often finding good stuff in the scrap bin. All dependant on the project. I never go shopping for the "Super Strip" but did recommend such lumber of late in cheap to do so to my Step Father of this past week in sying that if he wanted to box in this BX conduit in a corner of a walk in closit, I could do so and he should buy say some 1x3 super stips for it in me boxing the conduit in.

In the past the "super strip" was a cool thing in being cheaper and like 20 years ago was no less in dimension or routered much, this much less didn't warp as much as it became known for in "fresh lumber" not allowed to dry and stabilize as much as it would warp. So over time one either applied such lumber immediately or accepted that if one waited a week or two, this lumber no left to season would warp, you got what you paid for.

Dad now worried about selling the 1914 family home for the last 30 years in cleaning up for them final rooms beyond what I spent my youth in helping with, and or when the kids were out of the house, the parents did really well in fixing up. (Bought it for like $190K, now worth $750K in a bad market, but still above it it is retirement.) It's time to call back the kids or at least me in helping to fix up them last rooms before resale.

Never realized that Super Strip lumber - the most crappy lumber ever in warping like a hocky stick and bleeding sao more than a tree feeding maple is now finger jointed in becoming not just crappy now just lumber but finger jointed unseasoned lumber.

When did a 1x3 super strip become finger jointed? Did I miss the last ten or more years of Super Strip development? I realized that such lumber if still fresh and made into a wailer/L-stff with support was fine in boxing up some BX conduit in a corner, but in making that wailer, I never realized this finger jointing of a Super Strip these days and and crappy supper stip.

When did the finger jointing of a Super Stripper come about?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back