Sochi Olympic Opening Ceremonies Live Chat

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
sochi.jpg

Friday Night at 7:25pm (Eastern) we'll have a live chat right here on ControlBooth.com to talk about what should be a very unique show. Just tune to NBC, login and post in this thread! The thread will go live at this time, with the page auto-updating (no refresh required).

Last edited:
I'm glad they actually gave some air time to talk about designing the ceremonies a bit tonight. It was a quick segment but still a nice nod.

Via tapatalk

Heads up for non-East coasters, it is being time delayed across each time zone so I'm not getting it either until 730 Pacific Time. Check your local listings.

Should be interesting to watch. No one's ever going to be able to match what China did in 2008.
If you need a quick laugh, head over to @SochiProblems. Anyone have a doorknob they could spare?

Word on the radio this morning is that the rings start out as snow flakes then somehow transform into the rings. However one of the rings didn't work. Should be fun to watch and discuss what went wrong. Unfortunately I'm working late tonight so I'll be watching on DVR late tonight.

Unfortunately I'm working late tonight so I'll be watching on DVR late tonight.

My current show opens tonight and I don't have DVR so I'm going to have to try to find it somewhere online. Or finding a stream to watch while I run my soundboard.

Here we go!

Lots of talking so far, lots of thinly veiled comments about Russia's internal politics, their readiness/completion of the Olympic Village, and international relations. An interesting interview with President Obama.

Let's get on with the show already!

It's time to play the music,
It's time to light the lights,
It's time to meet the Russians on NBC Tonight!

Anybody found a stream or a recording?

Unreal projection and these sets are ENORMOUS!!!

No one will ever outdo the sheer size of the Beijing Olympics, and the...theatrics (HAH!) of the London Olympics, but this could be the BIGGEST in terms of sheer size.

And there goes the rings!

Ouch, that had to be heart-wrenching for the designer.

The rings were cool though!

I doubt it. Those were large enough to have motors embedded. Ohh.. did any anyone see the red dotted person in the bottom right miss their mark for the expanded flag and have to backtrack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back