Sochi Olympic Opening Ceremonies Live Chat

There are a LOT of elements being flown at the moment, this is incredible!

The figures remind me of a Christmas display

Ok now that was pretty cool how they did the torch.

I didn't think the old guy was gonna make it....

I can't wait for my new t-shirt to arrive!
proxy.php

So, recap. Were the Sochi Opening Ceremonies better than London or Beijing?

The projections were awesome, the flying elements were great and the scale of scenic elements were great. Overall I liked London better. I felt like a lot of the "chaos" looked better with London. Some of the red on red industrial stuff got muddy and then all of the road and newspaper projections got a bit busy for me, London had it organized in a way that looked cleaner visually. But the aerial coordination and the scale made for some great moments.

Via tapatalk

I doubt anything will top Beijing for long while, simply because they put everything into their Olympics. The size, complexity, and coordination are really second to none. That said, it's exactly why London chose to make their ceremony the way they did. They knew it, and they didn't try to compete with it in the same ways. I was impressed with the ring forging from London, but the show wasn't as "big" as either Beijing or Sochi. Sochi is definitely bigger "feeling" to me than Beijing, but only in the scale, they went for a very large feel with minimalist elements (the elements themselves not always being minimal by any means).

Pity it will probably be remembered for its failures rather than the technological marvel that it is.

First, everyone's camera flash shows up on TV but isn't doing squat for the audience's photos.

Loving the bright colors for the intro sequence after the Parade of Nations. That projected floor is flat out neat.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Those are some impressive strobes too. Effect works on the whole room im in.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Just got home at 10:30 pm in time to see the EL wire jellyfish hats. This ceremony is going on forever!

Does anyone have a (legal, of course...) source to watch this online? I had a show tonight, and now I'm not finding it on NBC or anywhere.

Daily currant is satire, like the onion.

Via tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back