Sochi Olympic Opening Ceremonies Live Chat

Not sure if it lets you stream, but in Facebook a few of my friends are "Watching the Olympics on GetGlue"
My morning radio show said that they were on some sketchy corners of the internet to get a live stream as it was occurring. Must go along that anything that connects to a cellular or WiFi network there being blasted with malware.

As far as I know you can't watch anything on get glue, it's just a check in system that gives you stickers. They just logged into it most likely.

I just got here and haven't seen many shots but are there tons of empty seats? It looks pretty sparse in some areas.

Via tapatalk

That would make more sense then

Via tapatalk

My boys just said the Netherlands contingent is like CB, Orange and Black. Awesome. :)

The pixel mapping is actually accomplished by wireless LED medallions that all the spectators were asked to wear. An inscription reads: “Participant of 2014 Olympics Winter Games Ceremonies.”
proxy.php

It is activated as a wireless device (there is a tiny infrared bulb on the front of it). It flickers red, white, blue and other colors at different moments. It is white plastic on front and grey on back.

BTW, to disable email notifications while you are participating, at the top right of the thread, you can click "unwatch thread"

Last edited:
Wow.. HUGE American contingent!

Alright, we are wrapping up the parade of nations. Almost time for the actual performance to begin!

I loved the video of about Russian might and ability through the years that ended with the stadium covered in snow with it all whipping about.... And then the transition back to reality with no snow anywhere near the arena.

Via tapatalk

Look at how many fixtures are embedded into the horses frame!

WOW!!!!! 120 Projectors working together to create the projection on the floor!

So projecting onto the floor is apparently new technology but I thought they did this for the Olympics ceremony?

Yeah I heard that comment too. Projection of that scale is not really a new technology. I think that was another instance of nontechnical people explaining technical things to nontechnical people.

i want to know the horsepower of the computers controlling that projection and that number of projectors.

Actually, the Beijing Olympics used approximately 150 Christie Roadster S+20K and Christie CP2000-ZX model projectors. Not sure if they were all used at once like tonight, but 120 simultaneous projectors working in concert is still a heck of a technical feat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back