Sochi Olympic Opening Ceremonies Live Chat

HOLY CRAP. The ship/sea projection is jaw-dropping, and did you see how the actors moved in and out of the scene! Seamless!

I did really like the idea of them just walking on the deck and then vanishing into the hold was a great trick.

Via tapatalk

Pyro from the stage floor! The alignment of the projection to the real world space is amazing!!!

Did anyone notice that projection is being used to illuminate that giant marching group? I think it's projection...

The last time Wolf Trap used their trap system was for the Russian Bolshoi Ballet. It seems that the tradition of trap systems in Russian theatre lives on!!

The columns look like they are being projected onto, or being projected upon from within. Not sure.

I would say that the dancers just have a high degree of precision. I don't think they are time coded in the sense that you're thinking.

It looks like they are being projected onto for at least certain sections of them...but I think they are projected up through them for the tops and bottom

im really enjoying the long lived camera shots with slight soft transitions between them much more pleasant than the 3 second then jump cut that you see in most us live events

"Imperial Russia is about to be washed away by two things. The Russian revolution and this commercial break."

Via tapatalk

"Imperial Russia is about to be washed away by two things. The Russian revolution and this commercial break."

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back