Solid State Multi-track player, help finding!

Morte615

I am looking for an 8 channel mono solid state media player, I would prefer contact closure triggers but even that is not required. I am looking at the Alcorn Mcbride 8Traxx or ProTraxx but those are Stereo and 16 channels respectively which is over kill, and at the upper range of my budget. I may be able to do 4 stereo channels but would probably have to rethink things if I want to use the triggers (don't need them for this project but may want them for a later project.)

So anyone know of a system out there that has 8 mono channels, prefer with trigger inputs, around $3,000 (less is better as always!)

JoeCo blackbox players are in your budget, but probably overkill. Tascam and Denon make pro solid state recorder/players that are really reliable but aren't nearly as easy to use as the JoeCo. Check out the Tascam HS-8, it seems to do what you want minus GPIO triggers -- I've seen master GPIO triggers on multitrack, but never individual track triggers.

It's a bit out of the box and may not fit your needs but a Mac Mini with an 8 channel audio interface and a MIDI Solutions R8 to a custom 8 button remote would give you individual trigger of channels and solid state playback

Thanks a couple more options! I just had the idea today talking to another co worker about using a raspberry pi and a Motu (or like) USB soundcard to do what I need, so your idea of a Mac Mini and interface is also possible.

If you want a GPIO trigger per track, then you'll need one machine per track. Given the size and weight of these devices, that isn't much of a limitation. All of the multitrack units are designed to start and stop all tracks simultaneously.

Depending on the application, this or several may do what you want.

Yeah single channel units are easy enough to come by, was hoping to find an 8 channel unit to keep it clean and keep down on space

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I would second the JoeCo black box they are solid units and work pretty well. You may have to get a little creative to get it to do contact closures but there are serial and midi options that would work. Its also nice that you can swap shows/ events by changing out the thumb drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back