Solid State relay issue?

I have a question about how this Solid state relay box works.

I have a 24 V DC ribbon cable that is coming into it from the control system. There is a 115VAC plug that goes into the wall outlet.

What is supposed to happen, I think, is when the SSR is energized with 24V DC, the lights on an animatronic piano are supposed to light up.

Whats weird is nothing is working and I have 115AC in the plugs when I check for voltage.

What am I missing her on how this is set up!?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_6217.JPG
    IMG_6217.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6218.JPG
    IMG_6218.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_6219.JPG
    IMG_6219.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 122
The D1202 is no longer available, but these have similar specs to the higher current D12xx series. Without a load plugged into the SSR, you will indeed measure 115V leakage and this is normal. Plug a 60W light bulb into the box and measure again.

Yes, if sending 24vdc to the SSR, then it should connect AC input to AC output. You can test this using a 9vdc battery.

I am assuming you know how to work safely with live AC power, especially given the condition of possibly questionable wiring inside the box. If you do not know how to work safely and do not have electrical troubleshooting knowledge, I strongly suggest contacting someone to assist you.

Good luck!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back