Some help for a newbie please? (To do with Strand 200)

I'm doing lighting operations for my second ever show soon. I did my first on a Frog Zero88 board and had no problem programming memories and submasters etc (it also helped that the board was plugged into a monitor), but this show I am using a Strand 200 board.

Nobody at my college knows how to program it, so I'm having to do some swift scene changes manually while watching out for cues (it's a dance show and we have no DSM).

I've tried reading the manual but is as clear as mud.

Can any one describe how to program the Strand 200 board so I can just keep my finger hovered above the go button?

Many thanks.

For a little clarification, do you have a 200, or a 200 plus? 200 is blue, 200 plus is black. I will assume for 200 for now. The 200 series is not a cueing console. It is a 2 scene preset with submaster and effect options. If you want to fake a cue list, you can record each cue as a submaster and then play them back in order by lowering and raising both of your cross faders at the same time.
To record a sub, while in single or 2 scene mode, press the record button, set the faders you want in the sub, and press the bump button under the fader you want to record to. Wash, rinse, repeat until you have recorded all the subs you want then press record again to exit recording mode.
To play them back in order, while in submaster mode, set your fade times (in and out) with the time faders, and lower both of the preset A and B faders and bring them back up. Each time you go down and up, it will advance to the next recorded sub.
Keep in mind when doing this that there is no back button, or any way to skip a sub. For a dance show it may be easier just to run from submasters manually.
Let me know if you have any questions and welcome to control booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back