Sort of OT - Sander selection

BillConnerFASTC

¼ sheet palm sander – with dust collection – Makita or Bosch? Close call. Leaning towards Bosch. I have the classic Porter Cable but want dust collection.

are you talking about a port for a dust collector hose? or an on board bag? I've never seen one with a bag that actually collects dust.

just for finish work? Id go bosch, just recently bought a ro sander for bigger jobs and I love that, and almost never use the 1/4 sheet

I have a RO - love it - but this is for sanding before last coat of trim in place and the RO is just to aggressive and also enough heavier that the 1/4 sheet palm sander just made sense.

I did get the Bosch - unfortunate I discovered the review was for a Bosch 1297dk and that included the adapt or for a vac hose in place of the on board bag and filter (reported to be the best of those reviewed in Fine Woodworker). They don't make that model anymore but a 1297d - same thing except no adapter - another $5 at big orange. Just the on board bag was pretty effective I thought - worth more than I expected - but will try with vac this weekend.

Thanks for replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back