Sound of Music in a Black Box Space

peacefulone61

Hi everyone, I work in an Educational Setting and do the infinite wonders of of the school's management the middle school musical, The Sound of Music will be done in our Black Box. I feel one of the ways to deal with the lack of fly space and wings would be some sort of projected backdrops. However i have never even attempted to something like this before and am at a loss as to figure out if it is possible and then if it is what i need to purchase for it, and how to implement it. I have talked with a few local companies that supply lighting and rigging but they have been much help with this. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

There have been several previous threads regarding projected backdrops including the recent one, http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/...-control/16561-rear-projection-drop-help.html. There are a number of critical issues to define including the size of the backdrop or image, the room available behind the screen for rear projection or available projector locations for front projection, how much control you may have over lighting hitting the screen and the budget. The more information you can provide on the specifics of your situation, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back