Sound of Music

mayorjack

I have been doing musicals for forty years at the high school level. I am going to put on The Sound of Music this year and wondered if anyone has any ideas how to bring high teck and special effects into the show. Thank you for your time.

Welcome to controlbooth.com!

Please get aquainted with the advanced search feature. You may also want to check out the special f/x forum.

You will definatly find people willing to answer your questions and share their experiences, and we welcome your input and experience as well.

I think this is really too broad a question to answer, so I'll ask you a question. What type of effects are you thinking of putting into the show? The more specific you can be about what you want to do, the more help we can provide in figuring out how to do it.

That said, it would probably be best if you ask those specific questions in the Special F/X forum. That's where the people most interested in effects are likely to be found.

Oh, and before I forget, welcome to the booth!

mayorjack, welcome to the booth. Now, why do you feel a lovely traditional musical such as The Sound of Music requires "high teck [sic] and special effects"? Is a holographic projection of the Von Trapp family escaping over the mountains going to enhance, or diminish, the story? Please don't insert Gwen Stefani into the puppet show.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back