Conventional Fixtures Source 4 Low Clearance Yoke Position

TDN

Hello,

On the Source 4 yoke, there is a second set of mounting holes that shifts the instrument into what ETC calls the low clearance position. Our blackbox space doesn't have enough room to mount the instrument with the yoke vertically, so we end up yoking everything out, but the low clearance position would work.

However, it does restrict the amount of tilt on the instrument. I've been playing with it for a while, and am undecided about making the switch on all my instruments. Anyone else use it in the low clearance position? Any tips on dealing with placement, focus, etc? Yoking all the lights straight out is a real pain, but I'm undecided if the restricted tilt is more of a pain.....

Thanks!

I think with the restricted tilt you'll find yourself yoking out fixtures in strange angles to account for the lack of full tilt you would have by just yoking out at the 90 deg. with a standard mounting position.

At my old venue we had a full catwalk system that the only efficient way to focus was if we yoked all our fixtures 90deg off the pipe; if we would have short-yoked them we would have not been able to tilt as desired and we would have still be futzing around during focus calls to rehang the light to make our shots.

Just my 2-cents. :)

-B

I tend to only shift to the others if I'm really tight for space, on a boom on sidearms for example. I can put more fixtures in less space, otherwise I haven't needed to do it real often

Via tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back