Vintage Lighting Sourcing a crystal chandelier

So I've been asked to light a wedding where the client would also like four large crystal chandeliers hung in a barn. I promptly went down to my local residential lighting store and had a look at the chandeliers. Problem is, these things are at least $1500. I'm not quite sure I can convince the client to pay these costs, but also wondering how else I could locate more than one of the same fixture.
Anyone have any luck finding crystal chandeliers for under say $500 each? I suspect I am just not looking in the right place.

I'm not sure about the DC branch, but I know Frost Productions in NYC has several.

So I've been asked to light a wedding where the client would also like four large crystal chandeliers hung in a barn. I promptly went down to my local residential lighting store and had a look at the chandeliers. Problem is, these things are at least $1500. I'm not quite sure I can convince the client to pay these costs, but also wondering how else I could locate more than one of the same fixture.
Anyone have any luck finding crystal chandeliers for under say $500 each? I suspect I am just not looking in the right place.

Call @BillESC . He's not far from you and may have an idea of where to source the crystal chandeliers.

Probably no help but check out event planner companies.
Unfortunately this one is out of stock till late November:
http://www.eventdecordirect.com/cat....html?osCsid=107650fe6a88aebf877b7ce26c8ac413
I checked Costume Armour and theirs seemed to mostly be forced perspective ones, but some great ideas if you have a prop shop build you some.
https://www.costumearmour.com/chandeliers.htm
I wonder if you could build units using the swags of plastic crystal beads and light it internally with LED lamps.

Here is one we built for phantom of the opera. Made of hoops of steel band and plastic beeds.

PIC_0269.jpg

Attachments

• PIC_0269.jpg
    PIC_0269.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 129
That looks really cool and much cheaper than a real crystal chandler. How far away will people be to it and how critical is the family is the real question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back